How to quit diet soda habit?
- 4 Ways To Beat Your Diet Soda Addiction In One Week. It’s OK to lightly sweeten them—as long as you choose stevia, a naturally sweet plant extract, or a teaspoon of honey, and not three packets of table sugar or the artificial stuff. Sandon recommends fruit-flavored iced tea such as cold brew peach or berry by Celestial Seasonings,
- 1 What are the side effects of quitting diet soda?
- 2 How long does it take to wean off diet Coke?
- 3 What is the best way to stop drinking diet soda?
- 4 How long does diet soda withdrawal last?
- 5 Is quitting soda worth it?
- 6 How do I get rid of my soda addiction?
- 7 Will cutting out diet soda help lose weight?
- 8 Why is diet Coke so bad for you?
- 9 What can I drink instead of diet soda?
- 10 What happens when you stop drinking soda for a month?
- 11 Does diet soda make your stomach bigger?
What are the side effects of quitting diet soda?
Withdrawal symptoms include irritability, fatigue, headaches, and even feelings of depression ( 21, 22 ). Usually, these withdrawal symptoms are due to quitting caffeine, and they typically last anywhere from 2–9 days ( 21 ).
How long does it take to wean off diet Coke?
It may take 7 to 10 days to stop craving diet soda, Teitelbaum says, depending on how well you’re addressing the root cause. And if you still indulge occasionally, that’s OK, too. “The bottom line is really to drink sodas of any kind in moderation,” Sandon says.
What is the best way to stop drinking diet soda?
If you are looking to cut down your diet soda intake for any reason, make it easier on yourself by following these five tips:
- Move slowly.
- Find an alternative.
- Get more sleep.
- Announce your intention.
- Give yourself a break.
How long does diet soda withdrawal last?
Aspartame Withdrawal Symptoms: How Long Can You Expect Them to Last? It can take 14-30 days to get through the often debilitating symptoms of aspartame withdrawal.
Is quitting soda worth it?
Eliminating soda from your diet involves much more than willpower. Still, it’s worth cutting back on your soda intake, as studies have shown that it’s linked to various conditions, such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, kidney diseases, and poor dental and skin health.
How do I get rid of my soda addiction?
Go Caffeine-Free. Look for caffeine-free soft drinks, and gradually decrease the number of caffeinated drinks you have each day as you work toward kicking the soda habit completely. If you’re addicted to the caffeine in soda, you’re really kicking two habits — the soda habit and the caffeine habit.
Will cutting out diet soda help lose weight?
Most people start drinking diet soda to help lose weight. But you might lose more weight giving it up. A recent study found that older adults who drank diet soda continued to pack on belly fat. Research also found that each daily diet soda increases your chance of becoming obese in the next decade by 65%.
Why is diet Coke so bad for you?
It’s simple: while diet soda doesn’t contain real sugar or calories it does contain a lot of additives and artificial ingredients including sweeteners. These ingredients are full of unnatural chemicals that can cause your body to crave more high-calorie and sugar-laden foods.
What can I drink instead of diet soda?
Cut the Cola: 10 Healthy (and Delicious) Soda Substitutes
- Arnold Palmer Lite.
- Tea – iced or hot.
- Freshly-squeezed lemonade.
- Sparkling water.
- Sparkling water with a splash of juice.
- Maple water.
- Fruit and herb infusions.
What happens when you stop drinking soda for a month?
Abstaining from soda will also improve your bone health and decrease your risk of osteoporosis. In addition, the less soda you drink, the more you may turn to milk or other calcium-fortified drinks. These will benefit your bones way more than soda ever would.
Does diet soda make your stomach bigger?
A potential culprit for that protruding belly can be diet soda or beverages with artificial sweeteners. One recent study shows a link between the high consumption of diet drinks and the increase of belly fat in older adults.